12/30/07

Winter Solstice… in the BC Backcountry …and a new tide of change for 2008!

I just returned from an epic 5 day snowboard trip in the BC, backcountry. Endless days of fresh powder, nights spent in the cabin with great friends and a corridor of wilderness that left me humbled. During my trip, I reflected back over 2007 and my grand adventures on and off the water and looked forward to new challenges that lay ahead for me in 2008.

Staring in January I will be working Whitewater Research & Safety Institute (WRSI). I am honored and so excited to have the opportunity to work for a company that makes such innovative, quality products and to work with a team that leads the industry in promoting safety and training in water recreation. I spent a week down in Vail, CO in December training with Kasey Ankney and Nick Turner, it was amazing to watch Kasey in action and see her passion for the whitewater industry. I know I have my work cut out for me, I am so excited about the new 2008 products WRSI has to offer and I know this will be another amazing adventure as I have so much to learn.

I wish everyone the best in 2008, have a safe and adventure filled New Year! With the amount of snow in the mountains here the potential whitewater looks promising for another great water year in BC! Yee haa!

Enjoy the Pics!
K-Dub






































































Our Red Mtn crew...(Brenda, me, Chris, Sean and Laura)
Thats all for now...Kim!

No comments: