7/6/10

European Freestyle Championships

Lienz is a small town in the south of Austria set at the foot of The Alps and at the confluence of two rivers., the Isel and the Drow and home to a beatiful hole and (so I'm told) Austria's best wave. It's no suprise, then, I suppose, that it was selected as the location for this years European Freestyle championships, 16th-19th of June. After weeks of training in the feature for some, and days for others the event kicked off on the on the evening of the 15th with a spectacular opening party in Lienz's 'Schloss Bruck'

Next morning, the comp was off to a start and Junior men were up first. I was in the first heat.

Mid loop. Unfortunately only a training ride.
I felt that my first ride went reasonably well but unfortunatly, my second ride was dissterous and ultimately I didn't score high enough to make it past the prelims and finished 22nd overall. Still, fantastic experience and well run. Many thanks to the ECA for organising such a fantastic event.

Daniel.

No comments: