3/1/10

Winter Weather!










It has been a cold winter and it does not look over yet! Over winter break some friends and I were able to travel to Colorado to hit the slopes. Paul Butler, Rhett Gulledge and I crashed at our friend Chris Schnusr's place and snowboarded Copper Mountain. Snowboarding in Colorado was amazing, but upon returning home I was surprised to find North Carolina covered in just as much snow. Arriving back at school, I found Appalachian State blanketed in a couple feet of snow. Some friends and I built jumps around campus and had some great times. The previous weekends have provided warm weather and I was able to get back in my boat to paddle the Cheoah. This sparked my desire for summer and I cannot wait to trade in my snowboard for my kayak. I am excited about spring break, for I plan on getting in a fair amount of kayaking. Summer is nearing and it is time to dust off the ole boating gear. You stay classy San Diego, I'm Ty Caldwell?

No comments: